Tuesday, November 12, 2013

MAKE (IT )YOURSELF: Healthy Tuna Salad & Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while.  Kids, school, and workouts have been keeping my schedule full.

But anyways, I wanted to share two new recipes I've been in love with here lately.  I was in a baked chicken rut for a while and needed something different for lunches.

Tuna is another great source of lean protein!  I was never much of a tuna fan until I started experimenting with it and using an oil and vinegar dressing instead of mayo (I love vinegar based recipes).  Now I've come up with the best tuna salad that is filling, healthy, and CHEAP!

Healthy Tuna Salad:

1 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Venigar
1-2 Tbsp Chopped Carrots
1-2 Tbsp Chopped Celery
1-2 Tbsp  Chopped Onion
1 Can Chunk Light Tuna (packed in water)
1/4 Cup Cooked Quinoa
1 Cup Fresh Spinach

Mix sauces together in bowl, then add veggies, then mix in tuna.  Add Quinoa and spinach last.  enjoy!!


Another healthy snack favorite that I've found is Protein Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.  These are the perfect mid-afternoon snack to get me through to dinner.

Protein Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
3 Ripe Bananas
1/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats  (I actually also like 1 & 1/2 Cup oats and 1/2 cup Steel cut oats, too)
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Raisins

Mix all ingredients together, drop by spoonful on parchment paper on cookie sheet.  bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

*note there is no added sugar.  All naturally sweetened and clean!





Stay tuned.  I'll post some Holiday fit tips to help us stay on track through the holiday season!!


No comments:

Post a Comment